A Leave For Grandfather Death Request Application is a formal letter asking for permission to take time off from work due to the death of a family member, in this case, a grandfather. Points to keep in mind when writing a letter of this nature include:
- Start the letter by expressing your sadness in learning of your grandfather’s death.
- Explain why you need time off from work to attend the funeral and/or to spend time with family during this difficult time.
- Include how much time you are requesting off and the dates you plan to be away.
- State that you understand the importance of your job and will do your best to make up any missed work.
- Ask for the employer’s understanding and approval of your request.
- Thank your employer for their consideration of the request.
- Sign the letter respectfully.
1. Leave application to principal for Grandfather death
Subject: Leave Application for Grandfather’s Death
I am writing this letter to inform you that my grandfather passed away last night and I need to take some time off to attend the funeral.
My grandfather was a very important part of my life and I need some time to grieve. I have already informed my teachers and classmates about the same.
I request you to grant me leave for four days starting from today. I will resume my studies and attend my classes from the fifth day after the funeral.
I assure you that I will make up for the lost time and finish all the pending assignments.
Thank you for your understanding in this difficult time.
2. Leave application for office for Grandfather death
I am writing to inform you that my grandfather passed away last night. As you can imagine, this is a difficult time for my family. My grandmother and other relatives are deeply affected, and we are all struggling to cope with the loss.
I am requesting a leave of absence from work for the next [number] days to allow me to grieve and to attend the funeral and other related events. I understand that this is an inconvenience and I apologize for the short notice.
I will be happy to provide any additional information that you might need and will be available to answer questions if necessary.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and support during this difficult time.
3. Leave letter for grandfather death for School
I am writing to formally request a leave of absence. My grandfather passed away last night and I am struggling to come to terms with his passing. I need some time to grieve and be with my family.
I would like to request two days of leave, beginning today. I will use the time to attend the funeral and spend some time mourning with my family. I plan to return to work on Monday.
I understand the importance of my role and will do my best to make sure that my absence does not disrupt the learning process. I am happy to provide any assistance needed to help my students and colleagues during my absence.
I thank you for your understanding and for your support during this difficult time.
4. Leave application by student to principal for grandfather death
I am writing this letter to request a leave of absence for one of my students, [Name], in light of the recent passing of their grandfather.
[Name] has been a model student in our school, and we are saddened to hear of the loss of their beloved family member. We understand the importance of honoring and recognizing the life of the deceased, and we do not want to stand in the way of the family during this difficult time.
Therefore, we are granting [Name] a leave of absence for the next two weeks. During this time, we will not expect [Name] to attend classes or turn in assignments. We will provide them with the necessary resources to make up any missed work upon their return.
We send our heartfelt condolences to [Name] and their family during this difficult time.